Some of the activities of an Environmental Engineering master are:
* designing and managing water and wastewater treatment plants;
* monitoring liquid waste disposal, gas emissions, water quality and air quality;
* diagnosing contamination situations: sampling, analysis, data treatment, impact interpretation and analysis;
* designing and managing waste treatment systems;
* forecasting contaminants motion in the atmosphere, surface water, groundwater and soil;
* designing and planning rehabilitation strategies of contaminated land;
* industrial ecology and environmental management systems;
* developing strategies to respond to emergency situations, such as oil spillage;
* planning the execution, technical management and inspection of the above mentioned enterprises;
* carrying out environmental impact studies related to the great engineering enterprises.
The Integrated Masters in Environmental Engineering comprises a comprehensive training, which aims at providing an integrated, holistic and multidisciplinary vision to solve environmental problems, by developing students´ skills to forecast and identify harmful environmental effects and solve them technologically and integrate the solutions in a sustainable industrial and social development.
* Complementary Area
* Interp/Personal professional attitudes and capac.
* Basic Sciences
* Engineering Sciences
* Design, Development, Implementation and Operation
* Environmental Engineering
* Environmental Management
* Environmental Technology